Once you join the School of Dance you become part of our family. There are fun opportunities throughout the year for the School to perform and for families to socialize:
- Parent Watch Night: Everyone is curious to see the progress of the students. In the early part of the season we give parents an opportunity to sit in with their children’s’ class. It is an excellent reference point to see how much the dancers grow throughout the year: from this night to the last performance of the season.
- Christmas Zabava: Prior to Christmas, this small performance gives the School of Dance a chance to showcase the first part of the year, with refreshments and a chance to mingle afterwards.
- Snowflake Shaker: In the early new year this is an opportunity to gather outside of the Studio walls for a Zabava and, of course, a short dance performance by the School. Special guests, the Cheremosh Ukrainian Dance Company, also perform. Many of the young dancers enjoy the chance to see the semi-professional dancers, as well as partake in a kolomeyka with them!
- Cheremosh Ukrainian Dance Festival: The School competes annually in our festival which is held each May. The Chumak groups and Cheremshyna compete at an additional Festival each year.
- Year End Show: held at the end of May, this production showcases the dances that were learnt and mastered throughout the year. The show is held at the Victoria Composite High School Theatre and a professional theatre technician is hired for the event. This performance is filmed and a copy of the edited version is given to each School of Dance family as a keepsake.
Other competitive and non-competitive performance opportunities are also provided throughout the year.