Dear Ukrainian Dance Schools and Instructors,
The Ukrainian Cheremosh Society is excited to invite you to the 34th annual Cheremosh Ukrainian Dance Festival!
The Festival will take place at The Arden Theatre, located at 5 St. Anne Street in St. Albert, Alberta. The dates for this year’s Festival are Wednesday, May 9 to Sunday, May 13, 2018.
Note these Important Dates:
- February 2, 2018– Final deadline for entry submission. Entries must be postmarked by this date. This date will be strictly enforced, as late submissions delay the release of the draft schedule, which is unfair to other participants. There will be an additional late fee for those entries that come in past the deadline. For every day late a $10.00 fee will be added and must be paid prior to performing in the festival.
- March 2, 2018– A draft schedule will be released to allow schools to review for any missing entries, spelling mistakes, etc. Corrections will be accepted for 21 days only. Exact performance times are subject to change following the draft release; however, changes to dates will be minimized. Any requests made past March 23, 2018 will be subject to a $10 fee per change that must be paid prior to performing in the festival.
- April6, 2018 – The final schedule will be released 4 weeks prior to the festival to allow schools to notify their dancers and parents. No changes can be made after this date. If emergency situations/cancelations arise, the final schedule will not be changed, but the MC will announce the change when introducing the category on stage. Any requests made past this date will be subject to a $25 fee per change that must be paid prior to performing in the festival.
Below, we have included links to our new online registration forms including Summary Sheet and Entry Form (duplicate entry form as necessary) as well as the Official Festival Rules. When sending in your registration, ensure that you include one Summary Sheet per dance school and one Entry Form per dance routine.
ENTRY FORMS (one per routine)
SUMMARY FORMS (one per studio)
Our committee is composed of current Cheremosh dancers, who want to ensure the dance festival is a rewarding and educational experience for your dancers. If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact us. Your cooperation is much appreciated!
We are looking forward to communicating with you throughout the year by email and spending the second weekend of May surrounded by the liveliness of Ukrainian dance! Stay updated by also following us on Facebook (@cheremoshfestival) or Instagram (@cheremosh).
Our primary objective is to provide an opportunity for participants to perform and further their dance education. The atmosphere of the Cheremosh Dance Festival is to always be a positive learning experience.
Here we have posted some useful information for participants, families, friends, and the public:
- Admission into the theatre to watch the performances is free, and open to the public.
- Official programs will be available for purchase at the merchandise table
- No one will be allowed to enter or leave the auditorium while participants are dancing or during adjudication.
- Audience members must be seated at all times while in the auditorium.
- The use of flash photography, video cameras, or any recording devices is strictly prohibited in the auditorium. Violators of this rule will be escorted out of the theatre. The participant(s) whose routine was recorded may be subject to disqualification.
- Parents and non-participants (with the exception of instructors) are not allowed backstage at any time during the festival.
- Rehearsals on stage will not be permitted. Practice may take place in the lobby rehearsal hall on a first-come, first-serve basis, with consideration for other participants and time-constraints.
- All participants must be ready to perform at least one adjudication (approximately 30 minutes) prior to their scheduled time, at which point they will be escorted by the designated volunteer from the rehearsal hall to backstage.
- All desicions made by the adjudicator will be final.
Out-of-town Participants and Guests
- Special rates for hotel rooms may be available, contact the festival coordinator.