Thank you for taking part in this year’s festival! Our primary objective is to provide an opportunity for participants to perform and further their dance education. The atmosphere of the Cheremosh Dance Festival is to always be a positive learning experience.
Here we have posted some useful information for participants, families, friends, and the public:
- Admission into the theatre to watch the performances is free, and open to the public.
- Official programs will be available for purchase at the merchandise table for $8.
- No one will be allowed to enter or leave the auditorium while participants are dancing or during adjudication.
- Audience members must be seated at all times while in the auditorium.
- The use of flash photography, video cameras, or any recording devices is strictly prohibited in the auditorium. Violators of this rule will be escorted out of the theatre. The participant(s) whose routine was recorded may be subject to disqualification.
- Parents and non-participants (with the exception of instructors) are not allowed backstage at any time during the festival.
- Rehearsals on stage will not be permitted. Practice may take place in the lobby rehearsal hall on a first-come, first-serve basis, with consideration for other participants and time-constraints.
- All participants must be ready to perform at least one adjudication (approximately 30 minutes) prior to their scheduled time, at which point they will be escorted by the designated volunteer from the rehearsal hall to backstage.
- All desicions made by the adjudicator will be final.
Out-of-town Participants and Guests
- The festival takes place at the Arden Theatre in the city of St. Albert, which is located just northwest of Edmonton (15 minutes from West Edmonton Mall).
- Special rates for hotel rooms may be obtained by contacting the festival coordinator.
A full list of rules can be found on the Register page.