The Cheremosh Dance Festival is planning its third annual Cheremosh Market at the Festival. Vendors selling homemade or handcrafted goods, Ukrainian dress and decoration, and food items are invited to be a part of the Festival Market.
The Cheremosh Festival is expecting to attract over 5,000 people this year over the 4 days. The Festival is open to the public and there is no admission cost to attend or watch the performances.
WHERE: The Arden Theatre Plaza, 5 St. Anne Street, St. Albert, AB
WHEN: May 11th-14th, set up time is 10:30 am each day.
- All vendors are responsible for bringing all supplies they may need including tents, tables, chairs, extension cords, lights, props, etc.
- Please keep in mind that we are operating the Market outside rain or shine. There will not be an option to move inside should the weather be poor. Vendors are responsible for bringing weights to anchor their tent in the event of inclement weather.
- The City of St. Albert has agreed to help supply power if any stands/booths need it. If you require power, please email us to discuss your needs further.
- Vendors are responsible for removing their own garbage and stall cleanup. Garbage cans provided in the market are for customer use only. Vendors offering samples must supply garbage containers for their customers in an easily visible location.
- The vendor shall be responsible for any insurance for their merchandise.
- Due to storage constraints at The Arden, we are asking all vendors to set up and take down their booth each day.
- Cheremosh reserves the right to dictate the location of the booths in the plaza.
- $250 for the three days, plus 15% of all sales (if applicable) that will be returning back to the Arden/City of St. Albert.
- Booths that require power will be charged an additional $50.
- Every 10×10 tent/square of space will be the price above. If you would like two spaces, the price would increase to $500 + 15%.
- If vendors wish to purchase additional space for the showcase and sales of their goods, please contact our Market Coordinator for further details.
Cheques or Money Order payable to Ukrainian Cheremosh Society. **
The tentative schedule for the festival is as follows:
Thursday May 11:
- Performance 9:30-12:10
- Lunch Break 12:10-12:40 (1/2 hour)
- Performance 12:40-17:00 (includes a 15 min break)
- Dinner Break 17:00-18:00 (1 hour)
- Performance 18:00-20:30
Friday May 12:
- Performance 8:30-12:20 (includes a 15 min break)
- Lunch Break 12:10-12:40 (1/2 hour)
- Performance 12:40-17:15
- Dinner Break 17:15-18:15 (1 hour)
- Performance 18:15-21:15
Saturday May 13:
- Performance 8:30-12:20
- Lunch Break 12:20-12:50 (1/2 hour)
- Performance 12:50-18:30 (includes a 15 min break)
- Dinner Break 18:25-17:25 (1 hour)
- Performance 17:30-21:30
Sunday May 14:
- Performance 9:00-12:30
- Lunch Break 12:30-15:00
- Finale Show 15:00-17:30
Start: 10:30 am
Finish: At the end of dinner break (see schedule)
** It is strongly encouraged to be set up during all market hours (weather permitting) to maintain the market atmosphere in the plaza.**
An actual schedule will be provided closer to the event and once all fees have been paid.
For vendors selling any type of food products. Vendors selling food must meet all Food Safety guidelines as outlined by Alberta Health Services. Please contact AHS at 780-460-4751 or www.albertahealthservices.ca for more information. Vendors are required to have:
- Food Handling Permits for concessions (units selling food to be eaten at the market) issued by Alberta Health Services must be on hand at all times.
- All Food Handling Requirements including labelling, food samples, hand washing stations and sanitation. All information regarding the above can be found here.
The Cheremosh Market Committee reserves the right to change, interpret, and enforce these Rules and Regulations as deemed necessary.
Any further questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org